Open House is next month!
Saturday, September 17th from 10 AM to 2 PM.
It was great to see many of you at the July 9th Open House. We gave away over $45,000 worth of supplies and cleaned up over 45 containers of extra stock. Our NSF fiscal year ended with the Depot giving away $641,825 worth of supplies! Thanks to all the donors, teachers and volunteers who made it possible.
See you in a few weeks!
p.s. You can fill out this form if you would like to help us with the Sept. 17th Open House.
July’s Open House & Year End
August had a record 60 attendees and 40 unique institutions were represented. Our NSF fiscal year ending on August 31 shows that we gave away $641,825 (last year’s figure was $443,028)! We ended our year serving a total of 458 teachers and 347 schools/institutions. Thanks to all the donors and volunteers that have made the Depot s success!
Genentech (& friends) Give Back
We had 13 volunteers at our Genentech Give Back Day on June 15th. Genentech staff spent the day helping nonprofits in the community. We also had help from researchers from USF and SF State. We cleaned up over 45 containers of extra stock and reduced our Depot footprint over 50%. Thanks for all your hard work!
BABEC Fall Kick-Off
Join BABEC for its Kick-off 2016! Start off the new school year right with talks that will inspire and educate you! This year, we will have Bruce Alberts from UCSF talk about science education and Jason Peters from UCSF to talk about CRISPR. See a presentation on the latest tissue printing technology by SE3D and join us for a reconstruction of the pGLO curriculum with an NGSS twist!
- Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT) – Add to Calendar
- Skyline College – 3300 College Drive, Building 6 2nd floor, San Bruno, CA 94066 – View Map
Join Us At The Exchange
The purpose of the Chemical Exchange Network is to facilitate the informal exchange of laboratory chemicals and information used in teaching biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, and general science.
1) A teacher that needs some “Yeast Extract” would post a request to the Chemical Exchange Network Google Group.
2) Another teacher that has excess “Yeast Extract” could respond with a donation, or an offer of trade.
3) The teachers could meet at the Depot’s Open House, or elsewhere, to make the transaction.